“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George Orwell
With so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people that claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities.
Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit.
The format of the show is simple five topics a week with 5 minutes devoted to each topic, and a close by each individual member featuring a verbal shot of their own choosing.
Tonight’s show will broach the following topics:
1. Does Kendrick Lamar’s “The Blacker The Berry” signal the return of protest music?
2. Are you surprised that NYC police officer Peter Liang, who killed unarmed teenager Akai Gurley in a Louis K. Pink Houses stairwell, was indicted?
3. Should the Black Community give a fuck about the Grammy Awards or the Oscars?
4. Are Data/Analytics guys killing sports?Is CHarles Barkley right that natural ability and talent trump data?
5. J. Prince issues a stern, thinly-veiled warning to Diddy to keep his hands off Drake. How serious is this warning?
LIVE AT 9PM Eastern Time. Call in 347-202-0482
LISTEN LIVE HERE!