“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George Orwell
With so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people that claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities.
Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit.
The format of the show is simple five topics a week with 5 minutes devoted to each topic, and a close by each individual member featuring a verbal shot of their own choosing.
Today’s show will be mainly concerned with the fallout from the no bill decision of The Michael Brown Case.
1. Black Friday Sales down 11% but media chalks it up to everything BUT a boycott by Black Americans and their allies. Thoughts?
2. Charles Barkley says the protesters in Ferguson are scumbags. Why is an idiot like Barkley ever challenged by Black people in his socio/economic space? How and why do influential Black people become the official mouthpieces of White Supremacy?
3. What is the significance of the St. Louis Rams players coming out in Hands Up Don’t Shoot formation before the game last Sunday?
4. What are possible consequences to Hip-Hop if the Supreme Court rules that rap lyrics can be used as evidence in criminal proceedings?
5. Is the Wu-Tang album A Better Tomorrow something to fuck with…or nah?
LIVE AT 9PM Eastern Time. Call in 347-202-0482
LISTEN LIVE HERE!