“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George OrwellWith so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people that claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities. Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit.
The format of the show is simple five topics a week with 5 minutes devoted to each topic, and a close by each individual member featuring a verbal shot of their own choosing.
This week’s episode features the following topics:
1. With the 20th anniversary of Enter The Wu-Tang and the mess that the Clan has become with a botched 20th anniversary album, RZA calling out Raekwon for not getting down for the new album. Are the fans getting the sword on that?
2. According to a recent Examiner article, Louis Farrakhan has sold out the NOI for Scientology. Is this for real? If so how does that make you feel?
3. How will the streets feel when Raekwon eventually ends up on the Rick Ross remake of Shame on A N*** and doesn’t show up for the Wu-Tang Album?
4. The White racist who found out that he’s 14% Black. How does he feel about that? Are poor white people out of their minds?
5. The 10th Anniversary of The Black Album. Is it a shining example of Jay-Z at his apex? Regardless of what you think about him now, was it that HEAT? Was it the genesis of the stadium album?
6. According to the Miami Dophins, Richie Incognito was an honorary nigger. Is there a such thing? Are you helping your white friends by allowing them to be niggers or are you setting them up for a knockout somewhere else?
7. Ribs. We discuss .