“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George OrwellWith so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people that claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities.
Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit.
The format of the show is simple five topics a week with 5 minutes devoted to each topic, and a close by each individual member featuring a verbal shot of their own choosing.
This weeks’ show addresses the following topics:
1. “Rap God” by Eminem caused a ripple on the internet. Does this prove that he is indeed the best ever?
2. The government shut down is over. Who are the winners and losers of this farce?
3. Cash for spins: is money the only form of payola?
4. Baseball, who still watches that, b?
5. Lee Daniels, who made the films Precious & The Butler has plans for an interracial gay action/spy movie like “Mr & Mrs Smith.” Is George Jefferson Rolling over in his grave?
The Firing Squad goes live every Thursday @ 9PM. Call up (347) 202-0482