“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George Orwell
With so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people that claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities.
Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit.
The format of the show is simple: five topics a week with 5 minutes devoted to each topic, and a close by each individual member featuring a verbal shot of their own choosing
This week’s episode addresses the following topics:
1. Kanye selling tee shirts with blazed with confederate flag and partying with a white Jesus on stage at his shows, you mad?
2. A college going, legally employed 19 year old was accosted by the NYPD after buying a $350 belt at Barneys NY….what’s the problem here?
A. Have you ever been a victim of shopping while black?
3. DJ Khaled’s Suffering From Success thoughts
4. What is the proper response to a hard, ice grilled stare from 1 savage who is in a group of 4 to 5 savages?
5. McDonald’s is making big changes to the dollar menu. What is the potential impact and has a golden era of fast food ended?
The Firing Squad goes live at 9PM every Thursday http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ipoppedoff/2013/10/25/the-firing-squad
CALL IN (347) 202-0482 !!!