“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George Orwell
With so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people who claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities. Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit. EVERY THURSDAY at 11PM. TUNE IN!
This week’s episode (2/7/2013) deals with the following topics
1. Joe Budden confronts Consequence at Hot 97. Was Mr. Rah Rah quick to back down?
2. Darien Long the Atlanta mall security guard, is he a hero or an idiot?
3. Drake’s new record “Started From The Bottom.” Real deal Holyfield?
4. Remember when the “remix” meant that you kinda got a whole new song?…When did that die and is rap music better off with the new status-quo?
5. Video Music Box turns 30. We reflect.
6. Respect due to the Baltimore Ravens for their Super Bowl win.
7. Is Chris Christie too fat to be President?
8. Guacamole vs Spinach Dip vs mozerela sticks