“Real journalism is publishing something someone else does not want published – the rest is just public relations.” George Orwell
With so much drama in the world today in our communities on both macro and micro levels, it’s always strange to see the news or people who claim to be journalists talking about all kinds of silly things and never what’s going on. The Firing Squad is here to take aim at all that is wrong with the world, starting with our own communities. Three men of color with no censor and no objectives but truth, justice and common sense. Each episode will deal with hot-button issues with honesty, straight talk, and humor whenever possible . No personality is untouchable, and no one is spared the venom, or the praise whenever fit. EVERY THURSDAY at 11PM. TUNE IN!
This week’s episode features the following topics:
1. Nas shafted at the Grammys again. Is this a snub or deserved a. Nas grammy history
2. Emmett Till’s family tells Lil Wayne and his label that they will not and can not disrespect the name of Emmett Till with the line “beat the pussy up like Emmett Till.” The line was taken off the song. We examine.
3. Thoughts on Christopher Dorner
4. State of the Union
5. J Cole “power trip”
6. What is the worst Valentine’s Day error that a person can make?
7. Pope Benedict Quits. What part of the game is that?
8. Will styrofoam backlash hamper the onslaught of the Chinaman?